Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dieting is hard to do! Tip #2: Portion Control

For those of you who think I must be some awesome dieter because I've lost so much weight...you can think again.  I have a VERY hard time watching what I eat; I'll get obsessed and drive myself crazy (or worse) if I think too much about it. 

The reason it took me so long to lose the weight is because instead of living off of veggies and protein to get fast results and cutting out all carbs, candy and McDonald's, I learned to be smart about my portion sizes.  I did cut out french fries and sodas until I reached at least my first goal weight, and then I learned to get a small fry (sometimes a medium) and a fresh cooked Angus burger with no seasoning or cheese when I wanted my McDonald's fix; I grab one serving of mini Reese's and put the bag far out of reach to resist getting more, and I drink a lot of water (use no calorie Crystal Light if you just can't do the water thing).  I learned that watching my portions shrunk my stomach and now helps me keep up with my lifestyle change.

About Tip #1: Rent Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown from your local library to give it shot if you have reservations about buying it, but I know you'll love it!  You may not SEE a big physical change in your body but if you put in the effort and push yourself, you'll FEEL yourself getting stronger as your stamina increases. (And believe me, it's amazing when you accomplish those chaturonga push-ups without stopping! Remember that it's the little accomplishments that count, because that's how you reach the big ones.)

A bonus is even aerobic yoga gives you a satisfying relaxing 30 minutes that can lead to a satisfying relaxing day or night.

No comments:

Post a Comment