Monday, December 3, 2012

Tip #1: Get up-close-and-personal with your TV

{This post has been edited since it's original publication.)

Two words, One person: Jillian Michaels.

I have done almost every DVD this crazy woman has released, and I am 100% sure that my increased upper body strength, my ripped legs, and of course, my weight loss has all come from pushing myself during her work-outs.  Jillian has various different types of work-outs to chose from, but if you're new to working out, I would start with Jillian Michael's For Beginners.

However, if you're looking to jump right into getting ripped, Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown is where I started.  Start with Level 1 five to six days a week (ALWAYS TAKE ONE DAY OF REST!) for 3 weeks and progress for Level 2 five to six days a week for 3 weeks.  Each work-out is only 30 minutes long so you can do them during your child's nap-time (my personal favorite, but I know isn't always possible for those of you who are full-time working moms).  You can also get up 30 minutes early, or start the work-out as soon as you lay your child down for bed at night.

Now, I know it can be hard to get motivated so I won't lie: I have help.  Thirty-minutes before I want to work out, I take VPX Meltdown, which you can get at Walmart for $20.  I don't know whether the fat-burning part of their story is true, but it surely gets my hart going and makes me so antsy I WANT to work-out and I push myself harder just to get the jitters out.  This is a take-only-in-the-morning supplement, but if you don't have time time to work out in the morning, I take a pill around 2 if I know I am going to work out in the evening that day.

Every morning pick a time that you want to work out and stick with it!  Even if that means putting Barney on in the living room and sticking your kid in their playpen for 30 minutes...trust me, getting into shape benefits you both in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment