Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Firm (An Oldie but Goodie)

So, I decided that I needed a little switch-up again from all the Jillian Michaels (by the way, after only 5 days of Hard Body, my stomach is flatter; I gained about a pound, but I'm positive it's just muscle--after all, muscle weighs more than fat, so remember how you feel and ignore what the scale tells you!). I went to the local library and rented one of my favorite dance videos by the The Firm -Cardio Dance Club which consists of 3 different dance segments (Club, Latin, and Caribbean) that are each 20 minutes long.

The reason I like this video is #1 because it promises results in 10 workouts or less and #2 it's super easy if your a beginner, or if your more advanced (like me) you can spice it up!

The results in 10 workouts or less I believe to be completely true!  On the days that I'm too worn out to do a Jillian DVD, I do and hour of Cardio Dance Club (adding 1.5 pound kickboxing hand weights for a little burn) and I still feel like I did something for the day, and I really do notice a difference (with out without the addition of Jillian).

So if you're looking to flatten your stomach quickly (because this is mostly a core/cardio dance DVD) , then I suggest Cardio Dance Club.  And like I said earlier, it's easy and fun so ANYONE can do it and be able to enjoy it without having to think too much into the moves.

(I have been doing Level 1 of Hard Body which is 40 minutes, and adding one dance section from Cardio Dance Club which is 20 minutes, for a calorie blasting 60 minute workout!  And instead of taking a full "rest" day, I do at least 1 dance section or sometimes I even do the whole 60 minutes.)
________________________________________________________

The Firm has been around for awhile, and a lot of people swear by their DVD's the same way I swear by Jillian Michaels, and I really have enjoyed the DVD's I've tried.  Their a step down from Jillian, so they're good for beginners.  The moves are simple, but the workouts will still make you sweat; so check out your local library and rent a few DVD's by The Firm and find one that you like!  I suggest adding at least one of their DVD's to your workout routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment