Monday, July 1, 2013

Giving Up on a Program

I started doing Insanity because of all the hype it got, but after a lot of research and reviews, I found that most people doing Insanity were already fitness instructors, or ex-military, or people who really didn't have a lot of FAT to lose, just people wanting to tone.  Thus, after 2 grueling weeks of Insanity and really pushing myself, I've decided that I don't think it's the work out for me.  My goal is fat loss; I don't need super-defined abs or arms like Superman, I just want to look lean.

I spent the entire day today doing my homework on fat loss work outs, and (no surprise here) the number 1 at home work out is Jillian Michael's Body Revolution.  Now, I've known about Body Revolution for awhile (as you know, I'm a big Jillian fan), but it was 90 days where as Insanity was only 60; however, I'm ashamed that I didn't do more homework before deciding which work out to start with.  

Now, most websites and success stories will tell you that they didn't start seeing results with Insanity until month 2, and I was willing to stick it out and keep going, until I realized that all I'm doing is bulking up muscle on top of my fat instead of replacing the fat with muscle.  In 2 weeks I've gained almost 4 pounds; I may tell people not to focus on what the scale says and instead focus on how you feel, but I've been feeling like I've gained weight and the scale proved it. 

I HATE being a quitter, but I've decided to stop Insanity and start Jillian's Body Revolution (her new technique in these DVD's is said to increase your metabolism for up to 12 hours after each work out!), and then after I've finished her 90 day program, I'll go back to Insanity for more muscle building.  I'm not saying Insanity isn't great and can't do wonders for your body inside and out, but I don't think it's the work out I'm looking for right now.  Let's get rid of the stubborn belly fat, then we'll start talking about a 6 pack.

So in honor of my new work out, I took new before photos...but I'm going to make you all sweat it out and post them with the after pictures!  Wish me luck...I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment