Friday, July 26, 2013

End of Body Revolution Month 1

Today, I officially moved on to Phase 2 (month 2) of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and I wanted to share my end of Phase 1 Results.  I've overall only lost a couple inches, but my shorts definitely feel looser around my waist and my thighs, and I've lost 9 pounds.  I don't have much more weight to lose because I'm mostly looking to just tone up my problem areas.    Hopefully the next couple months will get me to my toned body!

I've also been using the Cool Shapes shorts and I think those are working, even though sometimes it's so cold I can sit outside in 90 degree weather and I'm still a little chilly! LOL

I have been taking Relacore.  Mostly, it's been great for suppressing my anxiety and depression; so whether or not it helps with weight loss, I don't know...I just take it to improve my mood.

I wanted to share a tip with you: If you're workout feels like it's getting easier for you (that's great!) but it also means you need to start using heavier weights.  In order to see results, a good rule of thumb: make sure you're straining on your last couple of reps.  As painful as it's been, I upped my weights to 8's (which is the heaviest Jillian goes in BR, but you can go heavier if you want), and that's when I started to really SEE the changes.

My second tip: Use heavier weights to work your back and lighter weights to work your biceps.  You're biceps are still working during back moves so you don't want to wear them out with heavy weights.  Heavy weights during back exercises will build up your back which gives the illusion of a small waist (and a sexy back!).


No comments:

Post a Comment