Thursday, July 18, 2013

MyFitness Pal

I've heard things about the MyFitness Pal for years, but just never thought it would honestly help me want to keep track of what I eat.  Well, like Jillian keeps saying during her BR workouts, you never know until you try (like I never thought I could do military push-ups, but I can), so I gave it a try and I actually found it kind of cool keeping track of everything on my phone.  You can look up thousands of foods or create your own; you can add how much water you drink, and you can even add your exercise for the day and it tells you how many calories you've eaten, and how many you have left.  It also tells you how many carbs, protein, fats, etc. you should be aiming for and adds up all the information from your foods for the day to let you know if you're over or under that amount.  It's really nifty!

I also like that since it's on my phone, it gives me something to do on there besides play CandyCrush! LOL  And it has every name brand or store brand food you can think of!  It makes things super easy...the only bad part is that if you don't have a heart monitor, it's hard to accurately put in your exercise, especially when you work out at home and don't have a machine to help you guesstimate.

I've made some pretty big investments recently, so I can't afford a heart rate monitor right now, but it's on my Christmas list. I suggest the ones used on the Biggest Loser and in some of Jillian's newer DVDs: BodyFit Media armbands count calories burned, calories consumed, and sleep efficiency and the results can either be linked to your phone via Bluetooth or downloaded with a USB cord to your computer...pretty awesome!!!  (*hint hint* to my husband!)

No comments:

Post a Comment