Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hip-Hop Abs Week 4 Calorie Burn (Month 1 = DONE!)



Day 22: Total Body Burn = 440 calories and 3 min of fat burn
Day 23: Fat Burning Cardio + Ab Sculpt = 548 calories and 7 min of fat burn
Day 24: Fat Burning Cardio + Hips, Buns & Thighs = 516 calories and 10 min of fat burn!!!!!
Day 25: Total Body Burn = 392 calories and 7.5 min of fat burn
Day 26: Fat Burning Cardio + Ab Sculpt = 516 calories and 13 freaking min of fat burn!!!!!
Day 27: Fat Burning Cardio + Hips, Buns & Thighs = 548 min and 11 min of fat burn!!!!!
Day 28: REST

So my calories burned has gone down, but as I emphasized above, the amount of time I spend in a fat burning zone has really started to increase! I'm still spending 3/4 of the time in a fitness zone to help my body build lean muscle and continue burning fat all day long, but the other 1/4 of the time I'm just burning off the fat right then and there!

I also have before and after pictures.  I decided not to take measurements because I can get really discouraged, so going by how I feel and my before and after pictures will have to do.  I have lost 3.5 pounds during this first month; not life-changing results like the infomercials show, but I also don't follow the diet plans.

A little story:
When I was 13 years old, I was already bigger than the other girls in my class and very uncomfortable, so (with a doctors permission) I started going to L.A. Weightloss and seeing a dietitian.  My dietitian wasn't much inspiration considering she was incredibly overweight herself, and my "coach" at L.A. Weightloss yelled at me for eating a single Starburst, thus scarring me for life when it comes to diets.  I've been to personal trainers, done every fad diet, taken every diet pill and have been watching everything I eat for half of my life.  I've learned how to do a lifestyle change, and so I'd rather loose weight very slowly then quickly through strict dieting.  Dieting also makes me feel stressed and I start gaining instead of loosing (plus, I have a picky palate that makes following diet plans that come with workout programs difficult on my tastebuds). 


So with that said, here are my before and after photos.  



I did recently learn that the lack of feeling between my belly button and my c-section scar has lead to a loss of elasticity in that area, making it difficult for me to loose that c-section "shelf" some moms end up with.  (Only a tummy tuck will fix that, and I'm not sure I want to go that far.)  So I still have that little pooch below my belly button and I need to work on my love-handles, but I feel myself getting stronger and hopefully Month 2 will show some more dramatic results.  (I'm giving up ALL candy for the next 4 weeks--no cheat days!)  

At least my booty looks a little raised with some squinting!!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment