Friday, February 7, 2014

Randomness: Hip-Hop Abs, Insomnia, All-natural Supplements, and Needing Advice

Let's start off with a copy of this month's calendar of fun:

As you can see, week 2 of Hip-Hop Abs is when it's time to start combining exercises.  Since this is my second time around with the first 3 weeks, I'm a little bored but I'm giving it my all anyways. I do feel like I have the tilt, tuck, tighten method down much better this go-around, and my breathing is more focused which is the upside to my boredom--you can always find something to improve on!

The last time I did Hip-Hop Abs I gave up because I gained 5 lbs my first few weeks.  Well, I'm only down 1 lb. that I know of right now and I'm not checking my inches until the end of the month, but I've added all-natural green coffee bean and raspberry ketones to my daily supplements and I believe they have been a big help in making me not want to eat an elephant after an hour-long workout.
________________________________________________________

On a different note, sleep is not coming easy for me right now (as you can tell by the time of this post).  Insomnia has officially taken over (and sleeping pills make me pass out for like 12 hours, which I don't have time for).

I've tried a number of things:

  1. Having my husband open the blinds when he leaves at work at 6 a.m. so the sun shines in my eyes (I just throw the covers over my head)
  2. Setting my alarm for 15 minutes earlier than my normal waking time--supposedly this helps if you progress slowly over several weeks (but I sleep very well through it)
  3. Drinking a bottle of water before bed so I have to relieve myself in the morning (unfortunately, I'm not stranger of waking up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom...especially after having a baby sit on my bladder for 8 months)
  4. Adjusting the temperature in the house so that it's a little too warm for me in the mornings (I love my house freezing so I can snuggle up in my covers)  Now, this actually worked today/yesterday, but I still fought it for about 15 minutes before I finally decided to literally force my booty out of bed and STAY out of bed
So my problem isn't getting out of bed, it's staying out of bed!  This time....I NEED ADVICE! So please leave comments below...I'm open to any suggestions.



I also wanted to share this with everyone today: 

No comments:

Post a Comment